Tuesday, November 2, 2010

From Shopping to Luau's

Todays blog starts with a warning.  Do not mention Loren or my name if you are on the islands and choose to shop at the Kehei ABC store.  With the sun and all, I decided I needed a hat.  We went in and they were a little expensive.  As Lori was checking out, I told her to leave the tag on the hat and we would return it when we were leaving.  Apparently the clerk thought this was tacky and cut the tags off as Loren and I commented.  I then felt we were no longer welcome and happened to see the condom display.  I merely asked if she had any extra large and she told us to leave and she was working every day for the next five days.  I felt it necessary to advise her we were here for ten days...Lori didnt get a free gift for shopping there.

Okay, now for the fun stuff.  When we last blogged, we were getting ready for the Luau in Lahaina.  Off we headed for the other side of the island and the promise of a great time.  We got to the lot at about 445 and again was able to park in the front lot.  Soon we were in line and a Mai Tai in hand.  Soon I was sipping on Long Island Ice Teas and thinking about how much I enjoy this.  Soon I was being accused of saying things by Gwen when I know I didnt say anything about that particular subject.  Of course the other two backed her and i could tell it was bash Steve night.  Why me and why now?  I never cause problems with the possible exception of the store earlier in the day.  Just because I was a little buzzed, they took advantage of me and it was not pretty!



Soon the hula girls were dancing traditional Hawaiin dances as we enjoyed great food and did I mention, open bar?  We had a nice evening and a beautiful moonlit drive home.

Today, we woke up to clear skies and warm temps (go figure).  We headed for the volcano and drove the long winding road to the very top.  As we were about two miles from the end of the road, they have this visitor center.  We took several pictures and then Lori and Gwen get this stupid idea to climb this trail to the top of a lava cone.  It was 60 degrees but we were at 10000 feet high and the air was very thin.  I reluctantly tagged along waiting for an embolism and stroke on the ten minute rock climb.  We were rewarded by spectacular sights and views of the crater.  It was worth the hike and made for a very nice trip.

Soon it was lunch and time for the famous Paia Fish Market and their fish Taco's  We stopped by the county beach after lunch and watched 25 foot waves hit the beach with hundreds of surfers looking for that perfect wave.  A little gang style fight right next to us made me a little uncomfortable, but felt pretty good no weapons were involved as most had bathing suits only.  It was broke up and I got out from behind Lori to again watch the surfers.  We ended the day with a beautiful sunset and a warning from the condo management.  Seems Loren grabbed a shell and tried to perform the traditional sunset calling to the fishermen or what ever the tradition is.  Seems his call was a little off and about twenty endangered dolphins intentionally beached themselves!

Dinner at Peggy Sues and back for a cool and restful evening.  We have to drop Gwen and Loren off at the airport at 0500 for their Oahu leg of their trip.  For some reason, Lori wants to go immediately to Little beach...

2 comments:

matt said...

Lets see...Day two, he got kicked out of a shop, got drunk, harrased the women...I am begginning to see a pattern here! I think I know this guy!! LOL

Unknown said...

Thats freakin hilarious! Lori keep trying, he'll keel over one of these days!