Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Times, they are a changin!!!

After we got back from vacation, I have been tormented with what to do. I had ridden just three times in the past 1.5 years. Although I enjoy it, my back hurts every time I get on. I recall our 2008 vacation on the bike. We were bored with our travels and looked to spend less time on the road and more time in one place ( not a full week though!). I labored with the thought of selling the bike as we were not into riding anymore. Vacation 2008 was ok at best and we have to admit, we are spoiled with our 5vr. I dont know why, but it always seems to work out with things like this. As Lori and I weighed our options and talked about our future, I sat down and a tv show would make the decision for me. I am an avid ATV rider as well as road bikes. I love the woods and sand. I record a couple ATV shows every week and sit and enjoy them in the evening. This week, they tested out a brand new 550 class ATV with power steering and fuel injection. I had longed for a mid range ATV with not onle the above options, but independant suspension which should make for a much softer ride.

I showed the segment to Lori and you could see it in her eyes. She had a possible outlet for the outdoors. I told her I wanted to trade in the 450 or sell it as I had a couple buyers. She nixed that and we started to talk about selling the wing. I spoke to some people I know in the industry and all seemed to think Goldwing sales were still strong. Well, withing three days, a dealership made me an offer, I could not look down at. Almost retail book for the 1800, a great price on this atv along with freebe's and a check for the diffreence. It was a win win as far as this deal was concerned. I rode the wing down to the dealership. By Elma, I was hurting and the ride no longer enjoyable. By the time I got back home, I was miserable and the decision was made for me. Get the value now and reassess getting another wing whn and if I can get my back fixed.

Lori and I were now the proud owners of a new Yamaha 550 with power steering. I gently showed Lori how everything worked and she eventually asked if she could ride it. After a few starts an stops, she was hooked and I couldnt get her off the bike. She rode loops down and around the back yard, down the drive and anywhere she could ride. She wants to take the atv class and with us still owning the 450, we can go ride together. The real test will be Shawns birthday in a couple weeks. We all head to Sand Lake and Lori has her helmet and is ready to eat some sand!

No comments: