Saturday, May 9, 2009

Indy for a Week

Couple weeks ago, I was fortunate to get to Indianapolis, Indiana for a week to train on a new video forensics system we have. It was a very busy week and at times a little overwhelming. I flew out of Portland Sunday Morning and the flight to Minneapolis was relaxing. As we made the connecting flight to Indy, the plane backed away from the gate and stopped. The captain announced we had to wait as severe storms were rolling through. We sat for about an hour and finally got out.

Once in Indy, I got settled and after a few brief hours of sleep, I was on a bus and off to school. On Tuesday, we had a surprise visit by the current Miss America who hails from Indy. She came in and talked, posed for pics and just talked for awhile. She was interested in talking to trainees who were from foreign counties. We had six countries represented. If you look close at the picture, the guy in the blue shirt is me! I was a little behind in our project so I was hard at work.

The flight home was interesting. Several interesting people on the flight and on the final leg, alot of kids. I was pleasantly surprised that most were well behaved. It was a fast paced, hard, but very rewarding week. I came home with cases waiting for me to apply new technology (to our area).

No comments: