Thursday, November 19, 2009

Daydreaming

It seems most of the country is under water right now. Here in the pacific NW, we are bracing for our fourth storm this week. The generator has had good use and I am glad to announce if our Mountaineer was going to leak, it would have. As I look across the hall here at work ( I dont have a window) I see dark grey skies with heavy rain. Oh and the wind is coming up. Here on the coast, it has been brutal. I work for awhile and then break out the map programs. I plot vacations to warm dry climates and then reality sets in that summer is so far away. If I could escape this area right now, I would. I long to sit under the awning and complain a little how hot it is outside today...Ahhh, those are the days...

I dont read this site much this time of the year. It is way to painful to hear campers talk of moving to an area where the temps are a little under 80 this time of year, or those of you who plan your picnics in Florida...you are just to cruel...

The phone is ringing and time to check in with reality! Going to get the raincoat and boots. 3 to 5 inches of rain tonight which is actually a bit less than the last storm...God I need a vacation.

No comments: